Preparing your property for pest control is essential to the outcome and it is necessary before technicians arrive. Without proper preparation, the technician may not have the ability to perform the service due to environmental, health and safety reasons. In addition, doing your part leads to improved results and the reduced likelihood of re-infestation before your next service.
Please follow these steps:
Inside your home
1. Write a list of all the areas where you have seen the pests. This ensures the problem areas are addressed.
2. Clean all hard floors, baseboards, counters, and other surfaces. Vacuum the carpets as well. (Cleaning after the service will remove the materials the technician has added to your property.)
3. For roach service, move furniture and large appliances away from walls. Your technician needs access to the problem areas. For general pest control, move furniture and large appliances away from walls if you have spotted pests in these areas.
4. Put all food items (including pet food), small appliances, dishes, and cooking utensils away to avoid contamination. If they are left out, they must be tightly sealed before pest control service and after until the materials dry. Please be advised that roach service requires greater precaution and instructions – please see downloadable prep sheets below.
5. Relocate pets away from the treatment area before service. For pets that cannot be relocated, cover their cages and aquariums with sheets or towels.
Outside the home:
1. Relocate pets away from the treatment area before service. For pets that cannot be relocated, cover their cages and aquariums with sheets or towels.
2. Remove any pet waste from the treatment areas.
3. Remove clutter and debris from the outside perimeter.
4. Make sure the treatment areas are accessible to the technician.